Boffin II kit will have additional input-output devices like a servo motor, light sensor, ultrasonic sensor, IR sensor, and limit switch to make many more amazing machines and systems.
What’s inside the box?
Boffin II Develops
What Parents say
I can’t remember how I found Blix on an Instagram page and today my child is completely loving it. I, as a mother who didn’t help him in science, robotics, or coding. But, Blix is doing really really good to him. Now, he is doing the second module with blix and he has stopped playing games on iPad or PS. I didn’t have to stop him, I just shifted him towards Blix
Parent of 12-year-old
Burhanuddin has gone through various free sessions of different coding classes but it never struck me that this is what I want him to do. But when I came across Blix I found that it is a hands-on experience. The child is actually doing something! Plus it is building his knowledge. I researched Blix on the internet and I decided that this is something I will give my child as a gift.
Parent of an 8-year-old
When I went through the courses of Blix, Akshit was really keen on learning robotics, AI, and ML. This propelled me to get in touch with you and when I received the Kit, I was expecting it to be a normal online available robotics kit but it was a well-designed kit with the construction set. Then my child started the live sessions and followed every challenge to build the robots. He enjoyed making line followers and many more amazing machines.
Parent of a 10-year-old
We found it really interesting to learn with Blix. I, myself love electronics and wanted to introduce it to my child. I planned to teach it with different sets to my child but I couldn’t do it. But, with Blix, it was much easier to introduce. When the live classes started, my child got more excited and interested in learning about electronics.
Parent of a 7-year-old
Session 1: Advanced Line Follower
- Multi – sensor interface (2 sensors)
- Introduction to multiple input truth tables
- Coding paradigm based on truth tables
- Creative challenges to hone programming and construction skills
- Advantages of using multiple inputs
Session 2: Automatic Garage Door
- Multi-sensor interface (4 sensors)
- Introduction to safety in systems
- Learning rack and pinion mechanism
- Motor control
- Value based actions
Session 3: Pet Bot
- Introduction to Ultrasonic sensor
- Principle of working of ultrasonic sensor used in Ultrasound machines, SONAR etc
- Controlling motors based on ultrasonic data
- Correlating physics formula with the operation of the sensor
Session 4: RPM counter
- Using sensor to count data
- Introduction to timers
- Calculation of RPM
- String manipulation
Session 5: Automated Food Dispenser
- Introduction to servo motor
- Servo motor control
- Using rack and pinion mechanism to control flow of material
- Safety interlocks
- Real-time setting of quantity
Session 6: X-Y table
- X-Y table application in industries
- Correlating understanding of graphs and movement in 2D space
- Multi-sensor and multi-output interfacing and control
- Clear understanding of machines like VMC, CNC, 3D printers, gantry cranes
Session 7: Anemometer
- Introduction to weather station build
- Using RPM based data to calculate wind speed
- learning the mathematics behind converting circular motion to linear motion
- How to code mathematical formulae?
- Build your own wind measuring device
Session 8: Industrial Lift
- Using rack and pinion mechanism to lift loads
- Automating the lift to work on its own
- Learn about safety
- Multi-output system
Session 9: Industrial Lift with Lever
- Creating joystick using BLIX
- Using joystick as the input to the system
- Tinkering with joystick values
Session 10: Servo Ball Balance Swing
- Controlling servo motors
- Tinkering servo motors
- Wait..until code paradigm
- Servo smoothing using for..loops
Session 11: Face controlled Bot
- Using Image processing to track the Blix parts
- Sending data from PC to Boffin
- Serial communication
- Controlling bot using gestures
Session 12: Automatic Curtains
- Learning about the light sensor
- Programming light sensor
- Construction of automated curtain mechanism
- Real-life example
Session 13: Surprise Box
- Gifting box controlled by light
- Avoiding false triggering
Session 14: Obstacle avoider
- Reading data from an ultrasonic sensor
- Real-time decision making
- Avoiding obstacles
Session 15: Multithreading
- Parallel data processing
- Avoiding the use of “sleep” block
- Multiple controls
Session 16: Multifunctional Robot
- Practice coding skills
- Design multi input-output system
- Create an application-specific bot using imagination
Blix Boffin is a robotics course for kids between the age of 6 to 16. It is one of the more advanced courses by Blix in which kids learn to Code their robots and machines to interact with their surroundings. It encompasses 16 lessons each 1 hour long in which kids will build 16 robots with the help of a very well-structured Blix Robotics Boffin tool kit and a manual under the guidance of an expert STEAM trainer.
The Blix Boffin course comprises 16 lessons that will teach kids various concepts of robotics in an easy-to-understand and exciting manner. The concepts that they will learn are Programming, Microcontroller- Arduino Nano, System Design, Industrial Application of Robots, IR Sensor, Limit Switch, and Input-compute-output.
In today’s day and age with the rise in technology and rise in jobs in the STEAM industry incorporating STEAM into their regular curriculum is what more and more institutions are looking up to. We are here to make the process easier for you by helping you include the Blix Boffin or any other Blix course in your curriculum. We will provide Robotics materials, weekly STEAM lectures for standards 1 to 8, the ‘Train the Trainer’ program available for school faculty, external trainers, and more. Find out more at Blix for Schools.
This is the time kids can start implementing what they learned from the course into actual action. One Blix Boffin tool kit opens up possibilities to create more than 1000 combinations! Kids are now free to open all their gateways to imagination and innovation and create wonders of their own with the help of everything they have learned.
Take a sigh of relief here as you won’t have to buy a whole new Blix Boffin tool kit for just a few tools. All you have to do is head to Blix Shop and order only the specific tools that your child needs. Your child will eventually be able to create their own unique and custom kit for their unique creations.
The child should have completed Phase I before starting Boffin Phase II.